Today marked the end of my four day millinery adventure. We made roses from sinamay, and used some straw to cover a headband. More rolling. My fingers will be glad its over I tell you. I had so much fun though, and I hope I can get better at rolling. It produces such beautiful pieces if you get the rolling right.
So Today, I painted more sinamay leaves and squares for the roses.
Blocking the rose on a paper ball
My finished roses
Rolling some straw for the headband
Sewing the headband into the rolled straw. Due to time constraints, I did not finish this one, but Bridget showed us how to finish it, so I shall finish this when I have the time.
We decided to do a “group” picture, of all our roses.
I was playing with placements…again. Its so difficult to get the right placement. I have to work on my positioning.
I had so much fun this week, and I can’t wait to go on another millinery course. I hope you enjoyed seeing what I have been up to this week, and I am sorry it has not been sewing related. Dressmaking should resume as soon as I can actually convince myself to make something.
One more day, and it will be Friday. Thank God.