Today was the last day of the flower making class. Yesterday, we dyed fabric and carved lino blocks.
We went on to make the flowers today. The pictures should give you an idea of the steps involved in transforming the fabric to a flower.
I ironed some bondaweb unto some fabric and cut out petals and squares for each petal.
Next we embossed the petals, using the lino blocks we carved. When embossing the petals, you have to insert some paper covered wire into the grooves.
Then we rolled the edges slightly, and sculpted the petals.
The next thing we did was to form a tiny bud and started sewing the petals unto some millinery wire.
Our teacher encouraged us to use styrofoam heads to aid us in the petal placement. Just keep adding the petals as you would want them until you are satisfied with your flower.
I think this looks okay now. One side is slightly flat so that it will lay better on the human head.
Trying it on, and trying not to look too pleased with myself.