The internet is not a good place I tell you. It is full of tempting things to render you even poorer than you already are….if you are as broke as I am that is. There I was today trying to find more fitting techniques for my Vogue dress, and I fell across a new Craftsy course. This time, it is a Pant fitting class. Hmm!!
I am really tempted to buy this one. For us in the UK, it costs £31. I don’t have that kind of money now, so I shall contend myself with printed matter for now until I can spare that money.
This class comes with Vogue pattern 2948. Looking good. Where is my card.
I have just copied and pasted what is on the course page, just so you read it without going there, if you don’t want to be tempted.
What You’ll Learn
- How to identify the features of a good fit, and the key adjustments to achieve it
- Fitting at the waist, hips and tummy; solutions for skinny legs, large thighs, flat backsides, big stomachs … just about any fit issue
- Transfer changes from paper pattern to muslin and back again
- Comprehensive alteration strategies for any body type and size
- How to spot and correct grain-line issues
- How to stabilize, preserve and store your custom pattern to use again and again!
Oh boy! I just found my card. Not a good sign.
The description goes on to say
What You’ll Make
I just bought the class. Drat!
I forgot to mention that if you receive the craftsy newsletter, the last one had a 20% discount link for this course. So for us in the UK, it comes to £24 I think. Or is it £25? One of them.